View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbino View Post
Question for those of you that have read Moorcock's stuff. I know that all of his series are tied together somehow, but can each individual series stand alone? I've wanted to check out the Elric, Hawkmoon, and Corum books, but I'm not really interested in some of the others.
Yes, the individual series stand up alone quite well.

Quite a few of the Elric stories were originally in magazines, so it's more of a series of stand alone stories than a series that needs to be read one after the other. There is a start and a stop in the series, but most of the stories can be read in without reference to the others. I've got the DAW paperbacks published in the late 70's, plus the ebooks.

The Hawkmoon and Corum series (two series of each) are more traditional series. The Hawkmoon series has the four volume set starting with Jewel in the Skull and ending with Runestaff, then the three volume set starting with Count Brass and ending with Quest for Tanelorn.

The Corum series has two three volume sets, the Sword series and what I like to call the Celtic series (Bull and the Spear, Oak and the Ram, Sword and the Stallion)

The Erkose set is the other major Eternal Champion, though the Von Bek set is also tied in. I think that the Von Bek set is the only one not available in ebook

Last edited by pwalker8; 03-22-2017 at 09:08 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote