View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:41 AM   #9
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrx View Post
The difference is the spacing betweens words and letters. There are special rules for that in the book printing craft. I do not know the details, but there is a difference between HTML-Like text and printed text on paper, where all the rules of typesetting are obeyed.

It might not make a large difference for text only. But if it comes to newspapers and magazines. I tried them on the kindle. I think these would need a professional layout AND images, formatted specially for the paper size of the kindle. I didn't like the way newspapers show on the kindle. Not worth the money ...
Yes, I know you mean. However PDF created with Word are enough for me. I know my conversions have some things that professional ones haven't, but to read a novella or a not very technical book it is enough for me.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote