View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Phonella
Enthusiast
Phonella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Problem Converting Book Designer HTML to LRF

At Kovid's suggestion I have just uninstalled/reinstalled Calibre (auto-update wasn't working as discussed in another thread).

And now I have a new problem with the newest version of Calibre:

I am an avid fan of Book Designer especially for its ability to strip out all sorts of junk from Word-generated htmls, etc. I have always run an html through BD before converting from BD html to Lrf in Calibre. And the output has always been perfect. Now with this new version of Calibre there are problems:

BD shows the book title and author in H2 tags:

<H2 id=BookTitle align=center><B>blah</B></H2>
<H2 id=BookAuthor align=center><B>blah blah</B></H2>

and in prior lrf's they always appeared on the same page (as they should) but now the title is on one page and the author on another -- not good. So I tried changing the H2 tags to H3 tags to avoid this problem and suddenly Calibre no longer recognized any <HR>'s as page breaks and just printed them out as horizontal rules with no new pages for anything.

And furthermore some books are divided into "Parts", i.e. Part One, Two, etc. and BD shows this as:

<SPAN id=title><DIV align=center><B>Part One</B></DIV>

and precedes the line with an <HR>. The "new" Calibre somehow sees the <HR> as a page break and ALSO seems triggered by the word "Part" and inserts another page break thus resulting in a completely blank page preceding anything marked as "Part".

Can you help me adjust for these anomalies? I don't want all this empty-page stuff in my lrf's. I know BD is an old program but it certainly fits my needs and Calibre used to deal with it fine before just not so much now.
Phonella is offline   Reply With Quote