View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #12
Rimbaud
Rimbaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony Reader
I think the number one thing they need to do is fix the conversions of books in the Connect store. I bought a bundled set (Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money," "Two for the Dough," and "Three to Get Ready") and I've read the first book. The book itself is great and I really enjoyed it. However, the conversion was truly horrible. As I stated in another thread, by the time I got through the book there were errors on literally 98%+ of every single screen (page). These errors took the form of running words together. For instance, "Such as" would be, "Suchas", "He wanted to think about it" would be "Hewanted to think aboutit." etc. It was horribly distracting and took away much enjoyment of the book.

And of course, since everything is DRM'd, I couldn't even run a spell check on it and fix it in an editor before reading it. This is just unacceptable and amateurish. Whether or not they have a third party doing the conversion is neither here nor there. Sony has a real shot at having a runaway hit with the Reader (which I absolutely LOVE btw). But they really need to ensure that what you receive from the Connect store is top quality.
Rimbaud is offline   Reply With Quote