Thread: Nook
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglePig View Post
Why does the device need to feel like it's made of black-painted cardboard and have such an enormous bezel around the display? It looks to me like someone has made a most egregious error in their design brief and noone noticed!
What does "black-painted cardboard" feel like? I have no idea. The Nook has a grippy texture that also feels smooth. It does feel a little strange if you are only used to holding smooth plastic and glass devices.

Now, the enormous bezel is a plus in my opinion. When you sit down to read for 8 straight hours you kinda want something to hold on to, you know? Some sort of thing to put your paws on so that the device doesn't cramp your hands or keep sliding from your tenuous grasp... something like... I GOT IT! Something like a nice big bezel!

I also love that Amazon has done a good job keeping bezels around on most of their devices. You know... so I can hold it...

Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote