View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Macro writing resources

If you are interested in writing Word macros, I suggest you invest in Mastering VBA by Guy Hart-Davis (ISBN: 9780782144369). Although it is from 2005, it is the bible for writing VBA macros.

If you are interested in Word macros that will help you prepare text for publishing books, I highly recommend Microsoft Word for Publishing Professionals by Jack Lyon (ISBN: 9781434102362). Jack was an editor for a publisher in Utah for 25+ years and wrote many macro programs that have been used by thousands of editors to speed the manuscript preparation process. The book is newly published (September 2008 I believe) and is loaded with valuable information and macro routines. Jack's website (www.editorium.com) has some excellent macros for sale, including one called File Cleaner which includes numerous routines to make clean up of files quick and easy.

And, of course, depending on what you ultimately want to do, I'd recommend my own macros available at www.wordsnSync.com. However, these are not designed for basic functions; rather, they are geared to insure editorial consistency.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote