View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc109 View Post
I've messed around with the GP5 and have owned a GP 4.2 for a few months. GP 4.2 is great for PDA functions, music, and pretty decent for things like reading, .pdf annotation, Evernote, and a few others. The 4.2 inch screen is perfect for fitting in any pocket. The 5.0 gets a little big for some pockets, at least if you're planning on putting anything else in alongside. The battery life on the 5.0 is reputed to be excellent. Having a GPS is also nice.

If you're thinking of reading books in the dark, keep in mind that the menu and back arrow keys light up when you turn pages, and that is a bit blinding in a dark room. I don't believe this can be changed, but you may want to look into it more. This occurs in the Kindle app, but perhaps it could be avoided in an alternative reader.

Compared with the Nexus 7 and the KF HD, the GP's are a bit overpriced, but the small size and SD card expansion is really handy.

The above post re: the unlocked Galaxy II phone is also good food for thought.
Thanks for your input. Nice to hear from someone who owns one.
I know about the softkeys night light problem. I will find something to mute them if I have to. Being a Woman it will fit in my purse just fine even though finding a pouch for it that is under $20 is nearly impossible so right now I got a gel skin and screen protector from eBay picked out. More likely I will use my KF for night reading. This is more music and listening to audio books player.

I agree the price is a bit much but I don't need another 7 inch tablet already owning the Kindle Fire. The only thing appeals to me is the Immersion reading on the HD. They removed my favorite font and the pdoc cover issue isn't fixed it seems.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote