View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #78
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You want to enter #category.
Aha. Thanks.

Quote:
However, unless you are using some of the special collections features such as sorting or renaming, you probably want to enter #collections in the "custom categories" dialog in calibre companion.
I assume you mean "#category" which I just tried and it works. I had tried this feature but with other metadata columns and it didn't appear to work.

Quote:
This gives you a sortable collection on all the data in the column.
OK just to clarify because you used the word "sortable", I can now group on my category column but I can't sort on it. I can only sort on title, author or series. I mean grouping implies sorting but I can't just sort without grouping. Not that I would necessarily want to but just checking I understand correctly.

Also, when I group (by whatever column) it combines the groups alphabetically. I don't have a long list of categories so I'd prefer just the single level of grouping - is that possible?
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote