View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #77
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I'm trying to set up "User Categories" (aka collections) in the Grouping menu following FAQ #5. I have a custom metadata column in my Calibre library called "category" and I want to use this for grouping. However I can't seem to get it to work.

What I've done so far is go into Preferences->Plugins->Smart Device Plugin and choose customise plugin. I then enter category in the box at the bottom. "Comma separated list of metadata fields to turn into collections...". I then apply the changes, stop and start the wireless device from the calibre end and re-connect on CC. But when I choose Group and user categories I get no entries.

I've tried deleting and re-adding books. I've tried different variations of what to put in that plugin configuration - "category", "{category}" and "{#category}". Nothing so far has worked.

I feel like I must be missing something - can anyone help?

(Calibre version 0.8.65 running on Linux, CC version 1.6.1 running on Nexus 7 on Jelly Bean.)
You want to enter #category.

However, unless you are using some of the special collections features such as sorting or renaming, you probably want to enter #collections in the "custom categories" dialog in calibre companion. This gives you a sortable collection on all the data in the column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote