Old 03-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Rico
Not Even Close To a Geek!
Rico began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The network connection sounds like it's fine since you can connect to IDS. It's probably something in the sharing/authentication of the directory on your PC that it's trying to access. Do you have another computer on the network, and can it see the directory you're sharing using the same login/password as the iLiad?
Heh. I only know enough about networking that I was able to set up the wireless router so I have internet access throughout the house.
I do have another PC on the network. But when I go to the shared files, it only shows the shared files on that PC, my router and network camera. I don't know how to fix it so the other PC's shared files show.

Quote:
Was the directory on the PC created/owned by the same user that you have configured on the iLiad?
I took the folder that the companion software created and entered that into the iLiad. Is that what you mean? I'm the only one using the PC & iLiad.

Quote:
Getting the iLiad to talk to the PC over a network is probably the trickiest thing to get setup right with these devices. It can be confusing if you're not familiar with Windows networking.
Heh Heh. You're preaching to the choir, my friend!

Quote:
The fact that it takes 10 minutes sounds like it's not an immediate failure (like a wrong password, etc), but rather more like something is timing out while it's trying to access the PC. Is there anything in any of the Windows Event logs that sounds related?
Windows Event Logs? Where are those?

Rico
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote