View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #265
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
maybe someone can help:

What I try to do:

I try to mount one of the system fonts (tt0011m_.ttf) on my PRS350 with help of prsp.sh which I managed to work in the end (was a long way...).
I do this that way:

if [ -d /Data/FontsMount ]
then
cp /Data/FontsMount/tt0011m_.ttf /tmp
mount --bind /tmp/tt0011m_.ttf /opt/sony/ebook/FONT/tt0011m_.ttf
fi

Following the guides in this thread, you have to RENAME the font you want to mount in appropriate manner (external name; internal names). Which works for CAECILIA.ttf.

But preparing other fonts the exactly same way (Georgia.ttf, Vollkorn.ttf, CharisSil.ttf, ...) produces just bugs. Which bugs? Opening say a *.TXT-file with 16 pages:
Software jumps to page 16, page ist white without text, switching to page 15 doesn't work.

Reverting back to the modified Caecilia works.
Using ready prepared fonts from Porkuban mostly doesn't work. Of course I use ready prepared fonts namend 'tt0011m_.ttf' with prepared internal names.

So in short:
The 'very detailed guide' does work just for Caecilia and no other fonts. Any ideas?

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 01-16-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote