View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquash View Post
Agreed. I ordered some gold coins a few years back from Blanchard, a large US precious metals/coin dealer. Obviously I was concerned about the security of the shipment.

From their website:

"We ship your order by registered, insured U.S. mail. In our years of experience, we’ve found this to be the safest, most convenient, and most economical method available. When your order is shipped, you will receive a notification email from us, which will also contain your unique tracking USPS tracking code, linked to the U.S. Postal Service website. Due to security precautions, you’ll need to sign for the package when it’s delivered. Should you be unavailable to sign at delivery, you’ll receive a delivery notification slip that allows you to pick up your order at the nearest U.S. Post Office. Your order is fully insured and will never be left unsecured."

It's hard to imagine a business that would be more serious about the security of their shipping methods than one that ships gold coins in little boxes.
Registered is absolutely the safest. I've been told that anytime the package is handled by USPS it's scanned, and that when it's in the USPS facilities it's always in a camera/recorded room.

For FeeBay, I've found Signature Confirmation to be the way that protects me from FeeBay and PayFoe buyer protection scams. Of course nothing protects me from a buyer sending back an empty box or a counterfeit item...which did happen once.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote