View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I've had my first bad formatting experience

with an Amazon book. "The Legend of Witch Bane". It was either a free or .99 book. My Kindle reading habit is to go to the "cover" and catch all of the pages between there and where Kindle decides the first page is at. The first issue is that it would not let me do that. The next issue was the chapter headings page was all muddled up. The last (so far) is that on new chapter pages, the first word has an overly large letter Using the font adjustment. This always leaves an orphan letter on one page with the rest of the word on the next.

Unfortunately it is turning out to be a fairly unreadable book as well. It was touted as being similar to Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Written primarily with children in mind but for adults as well. It talks down to kids while using at times confusing language.

I thought about putting this in the "Content" section, but this one won out.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote