View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #87
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhorus View Post
Couldn't help but weigh in with some of the other opinions about the limitations of the iPhone as a reader. Anyone trying to using it for reading a book is not a serious reader but is more interested in a making a fashion statement.
Dream on.

I read ebooks on a Palm Os PDA, which has an equivalent screen size, and have for years.

I'm not interested in a dedicated reader because I need color, and the ability to do other things besides view ebooks. The PDA does that, and I can read ebooks in just about every format save Sony LRF and epub.

Yes, the iPhone can be considered a fashion statement, but it's also an attractive and well designed device that seems to serve its intended purpose well. And I don't think the folks whose main reason for having an iPhone is fashion statement are the same ones who read books on it.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote