View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PressEnter View Post
Or am I the only one who worries about these things?
far from it. i think a lot of people at least think about these things, and probably it keeps at least a few of them up at night.

i also tend to think about this sort of question, but as basschick says a lot of the books i want to read aren't yet available in e-format. (including the Lord Peter Wimsey series, yes).

in France this dilemma is somewhat less pronounced, since publishers here are still shuffling their feet over ebooks for the most part, which is really frustrating ; we have the possibility to read ebooks, but we have no ebooks to read. (ok, we have a few. but really not as many as english speakers.)

for example, there's a new book out by an author i really love, Fred Vargas. "Great !" i thought to myself, "i'll get it in e-version !" heh, think again : not available. i wrote to the publisher about this but so far i've gotten no reply.

so yesterday i bought it in paper (without even waiting for the less expensive next printing, or trying to get it at the library !). and i admit that as i was in my small, privately-owned, friendly local bookshop just 2 streets from my house, i felt a little twinge about wishing that i could get all those books in digital formats, and was glad to be buying something to support them.

on the other hand, i still wish i could have that book in e-version.

however i for one absolutely don't want every single book i own in paper, on the contrary ; some specific ones yes, but in fact i'm trying to get rid of as many old paperbacks as i can as i find them in digital format. my appartment is tiny, and i just don't know where to put them anymore.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote