View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
TommyCooper
Enthusiast
TommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enoughTommyCooper will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket Reader, CyBook, Asus EEE PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the increase in sales is encouraging. maybe content will start to follow.

as for the decrease in minutes of reading per day, i wonder if it's more because the older generations were brought up with the idea of recreational reading (in which case the decline is alarming), or because students / working people have less free time for *anything* than retired people (in which case again the increase is encouraging...). i know in my case, work gets in the way of a *lot* of things i would rather do...

zelda, you will find as you get older and you need to wear a bib to soak-up that unintentioned saliva dribbling from your mouth [ not yours personally you understand ], that the only physical activity you can indulge in is...reading. This simply involves ensuring that the eyelids are prised open and that the eyeballs have some residual movement. I assure you it has nothing to do with ideas or habits, simply age and the availability of time.
TommyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote