Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #32
duckfeet
duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duckfeet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
<snip>
On an unrelated point (and why I'm here tonight)...

Has anyone figured out how to transfer a non-protected epub from a PC to the Nexus 7 and have it show-up in the default book App? I know it can be done with 3rd party readers but I can't find a way to do it with the default.
I pre-ordered my16gb Nexus7 from Google Play a couple of weeks ago, and it got here yesterday....and tonight I'm struggling with that very thing: how to get outside books (books I didn't order from Google Play) , like this epub book onto my tablet...along with outside movies, which I"ve had some luck with, using outside apps.

I have tried getting the epub books installed with the 'Calibre' app, but no luck yet, or at least, I haven't been able to see them on the tablet, much less get them to open up.

I know Google hopes we'll buy books from them, but I'd find that highly irratating if I'm forced to do that, so I'm sure someone has come up with a way...
duckfeet is offline   Reply With Quote