Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #51
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
2 books:

- The story is about a girl and a boy and a fence...it's during a war and they're people who are eating other humans "purples" and others who are not or something like that. The boy and girl communicate through the fence; I don't think they ever meet. Something about XZ27...at one point a small boy is approaching a group of people and they have meat cooking over a fire but he is yanked back at the last minute by another boy who warns him that the meat he is seeing used to be another little boy...*sigh* I read this years ago and I've tried to find it ever since.

2nd book is about a family who moves to a farm-like place to try to fix their marriage and they unwittingly bring about a plague of locusts with them. The locusts eat everything, including people and livestock. The next-door-neighbour (who the husband was having an affair with) gets eaten and they find her skeletal remains and her strawberry hair attached to them once the locusts population goes down [either fire or birds ends up getting rid of them]. It's part romance and part horror, I read it a while ago but everytime I google "plague of locusts who eat people" I get...well everything but this particular book.

Any help?
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote