View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #66
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I believe I covered my reasons for not wanting to use book filenames in an earlier post (a few pages back) - basically I don't want to deal with non-ascii filenames and the various issues of filename length.
You're right, I forgot about those potential issues (did read the posts btw, just have a bad memory). My point about not having to commit Calibre to hacked devices had more to do with 'regular' users being able to use the functionality too. But it's true that the only, rather small, benefit for them would be the ability to manage the images folder a little bit easier (when using a PC that is, not the reader).

In all, I have to agree that it now looks like a lot of work for a small feature. Maybe I'll try and do some coding over the summer months, but I'm going to put the idea aside for now. Anyway, thanks for the replies, and keep up the good work
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote