View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
With respect to generating your Kindle catalog, have you tried building a special catalog with only one section (e.g. 'By Author') for the specific purpose of having it available as a reference? With a single section, the information density is pretty high.

G
I've been blowing past all those checkboxes without thinking about them for weeks. Yes, that works great for my kindle now with only 300 eBooks. But later when I've added my entire pBook library metadata to the db, plus buy many more eBooks, it'll probably become too bulky for kindle navigation to be worthwhile in which case then I'll still need some sort of paper copy, or some densely packed table of info in a file format that the kindle could read.

@GRiker, @dwanthny, thank you for pointing out the obvious (again) that oblivious me missed.

@GRiker, Lady F, dwanthny, Manichean, Chaney, et al. And thank you for hearing me out over the past few weeks and providing thoughtful, apt, and helpful responses. The patience you all display is remarkable. I am repeatedly amazed at that. (Back when I had to provide technical support to customers I was lousy at it due to general impatience and low tolerance for user stupidity combined with high tolerance for my own stupidity.)

Last edited by unboggling; 01-20-2011 at 10:11 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote