View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
MattEcho
MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MattEcho has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rho1640 View Post
I don't think it should be free - but I am thrilled that there is a possibility that eventually I could get them at a discount - since I have been buying my favorite books to have on my Kindle -- I do re-read books many times - which is why I never got rid of any of my hard bound books and my house is over run with them.
Why shouldn't it be free? I mean it's not really free, you're buying the hard copy. To me the answer hinges on whether there is an additional cost to the publisher to produce an ebook. My guess is this cost is nil or close to it. Presumably the document is already in an electronic format before printing, so converting that e-document into an e-book would be nothing.

Of course, I could be way off here; there might actually be a significant cost to publishing ebooks. But I don't think so. Assuming there is no additional publishing cost, I ask again, Why shouldn't it be free?

Matt
MattEcho is offline   Reply With Quote