View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #41
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish66 View Post
Hi Ken.
The only images are of covers of stuff of have been reading I don't see any different startup screen.
So my kobo touch has the following folders.
I have tried putting launcher.png in the folders with an asterisk before them.
*root directory consisting of .
This is where it goes. Do you see it there now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish66 View Post
I guess my questions are,
(1) What is the advantage of koreader over the program that comes with kobo touch
(2) The most dissapointing thing for me about touch is it's inabilty to zoom when reading cbr and cbzs. Will Koreader be of any advantage to me there.
(3) If I do a factory reset.Are the files I uploaded eg pdfs, cbrs etc deleted from the drive.
I haven't let Nickel manage any files except the two launching png, in a long time now. Those in the kepub folder are probably lost because I have read here that they all get re-downloaded. You could try logging out of your Kobo Account in the settings, that should let you rebuild your database.

If you can add ebooks to your kobo and have them appear on your kobo's Home page, you should be able to add a .png image file and have it appear on the Home page, as well. This is all done using the Kobo software. The .png launcher files are just plain ordinary .png files, that your kobo is supposed to be able to process and add to your library/database. If your kobo can't do that, you won't be able to install any of the actual additional software.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 12-20-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote