View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #658
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I've had another permission denied problem. The last time was when I was trying to run a conversion on a zip file containing an html file(s). I don't remember whether the first occurence was a zip file before adding or whether Calibre put the html in a zip, which I believe it always does.
This happens on occasion. You can minimize these occurrences by exempting your calibre library from being scanned by your Anti-virus software.

Quote:
I know of no other applications on my system that would use the Calibre library.
I had two obvious ones, my anti-virus software and my Dropbox software. I still have a hiccup every now and then because Dropbox. When I get an error it rarely interferes, sometimes I just redo what I was doing and all is fine.

Quote:
I notice that in the Calibre folder for the book in question there is a metadata.opf file.
In your calibre library the metadata.opf files contain all of the metadata for that entry that is in the calibre database and is used in an emergency to recreate your calibre database.

Quote:
It created this folder even though the update of the meta data was unsuccessful. That new name doesn't show up in the list of books in Calibre. I presume I can just manually delete it?
You can delete it but it would be better to use the Check Library feature (see attached) and delete any anomalies via that result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	check_library.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	66004