View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
JHarker, excellent initiative!

First off though, do you need some of my patches again, or are you happy with them still? I guess it's really only quick erase and scribble toggles that are in at the moment.

I also agree with alanine, in that specially the landscape/portrait views are badly implemented. I do however believe it would be fairly simple to create a parent class with all but the x-y calculation humbo jumbo left out, then inherit from that one to create the specific views.

Maybe I should take a look at "evince", the Gnome document viewer. I believe it is largely a GTK app, with Gnome libs for printing (which we could manage fine without), and it supports some nice things like thumbnails, remembers last position , indexes and so on. Also, it supports more than just PDF, but you can google for evince by yourself. :-) It's a fast application, but would require integration with scribbles, hardware buttons and there is no rotate function. It does however have continous mode.

Does anyone know if xrandr is supported on the iLiad? If it was, we could just rotate the X display... The rest should be pretty automatic.

Edit: Karel, I believe you mentioned (someone at iRex at least) that you would provide a "community" SVN branch. It would be excellent to have access to the full community IPDF source in a proper environment.

Edit2: And evince can rotate documents, and it does so *very fast*. I'll se if I can figure out the dependencies and see if I can make it work.
/r

Last edited by rincewind; 10-24-2007 at 02:16 PM.
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote