View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There was a review with pictures of almost all the formats on a Hanlin, but it was posted at another site and I can't find it.

For me, only FB2 and MOBI and RTF display well on the Hanlin. The other formats are ok for occasional use but I would probably convert LIT to MOBI if it was my primary format and I used the standard Hanlin firmware. This is easy to do with Calibre, but if you use Calibre's GUI then you will loose any directory hierarchy. Since the GUI does not include the --compress option, it may be better to use the command line any2mobi anyway. Since MOBI is supported by many devices, there is then less reason to go with the Hanlin though.

One advantage of the Hanlin is that you can use OpenInkPot and FBReader, which is what I am doing. I actually have many ebooks in LIT format, and I used "ConvertLIT GUI" to explode them to OEB ebooks which FBReader will read directly (make a zip of the OEB's directory and rename it .oebzip).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote