View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #148
Radi
Radi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civpilot View Post
Hi, long time reader first time poster etc.

I notice in the wiki page it states that the quick Screensaver hack currently doesn't work... however it has worked for me.

First time I tried it I got the 'U007' error but it had successfully created the folders. So I populated these folders and I still had the default screensavers .

I went back into the folders and removed all of my new images and applied the update a second time. Same error message, put the new images back in the folder, same result.

I applied the update a third time, only this time I left my images in the screensavers folder before updating.... update successfull and the images have now replaced the originals and I have the custom screensavers now working.

I was a bit convoluted but maybe this is something to try (do the update with a U007 error, put in the custom images, then do the update again?)

But it does work....

Hello there, I just came to these forums to find out of I could get some screensavers on my K4NT as i was unable to with trying other sites..

I just registered here to say this method works and is a lot easier than changing settings through your networks etc..

I followed the Ixtab jailbreak method found here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...reensaver_Hack

and then did the screensaver hack, I did get an error message but when I restarted the kindle and re-synced with the pc the linkss folder was there with the screenshots folder inside.

I put the screenshot I had in the folder, ejected and it didn't seem to work, so next reconnect to pc, put the screensaver hack back on the kindle but leave your custom screensavers in the screensaver folder. Update your kindle again and it should say update successful.

enjoy!

Last edited by Radi; 03-12-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Radi is offline   Reply With Quote