View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #20
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
My anecdotal evidence is iPhones are taking over in the corporate world a LOT faster than some of you think. Not only are we 90% converted but so are the customers and vendors who I see. Apparently RIM thought the same and they are sinking in quicksand.

That thing they do well, corporate communications? So does the iPhone, now after a few OS revisions. Technically I had a better MS Exchange connection than my BB brothers for a while there (views into folders and such).

They reacted far too slowly to the obvious shift in the market. They are not alone. Look at Nokia, arguably a mightier company worldwide. Microsoft failed but not because they were late. They were early and not only was the hardware weak but they did not understand the value of a smart phone's eco-system (App store) as differentiated from regular PC's (shrinkwrap software). Remember Ballmer laughing at Jobs when he announced the iPhone? One of those classic moments in history now.

I myself lost a little money on RIMM stock because I had more confidence they would react to the market (back when they WERE the dominant corporate communications device). I was sure disappointed but I could see their ship sinking and got out way before the latest drops in share price.

They are dog meat now. They might as well start producing Android phones.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote