View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Haha, I am indeed a C# man...

My dabbling in C++ is usually "read-only" - but there were a number of things with Sigil that I wanted to tweak that I wanted sooner rather than later. I know you have much bigger fish to fry (like spell checking) and some would possibly never get changed so figured I would dabble with doing them myself as an experiment.

FYI the changes I have made so far are:

- Ctrl+H always overwrites the Find text with the current selection, rather than only when a fresh Find dialog is opened
- Default the Find dropdown to "All Files" rather than "Current File". Drove me mental always changing that (as I had to keep closing the dialog for the previous issue...)
- F3 keyboard shortcut to Find Next
- Change the keyboard shortcuts for code and book view to something accessible with the left hand without having to look at the keyboard or take hand off the mouse like the current ones do
- Automatically open the CSS file rather than the "first html file" (which usually ends up being the title page which is mostly pointless to have open). 9 times out of 10 I open an epub file to manipulate a style first.
- Rather than nagging me with a message when I try to find in book view, just switch to code view silently instead.

The other couple of things next on the list to look at were:
- Menu option/keyboard shortcut to "Close all but this" tab. A context menu on tabs like VS has would be ideal but this option is the one I would use the most anyways.
- When renaming files, by default select only the name without the extension like Windows 7/Vista does rather than the whole name.

Nice clean well commented code makes it easy for tinkerers like me, thanks dude.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote