Thread: corrupted dbase
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #28
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
Thank you! I typically leave my computer on 24/7 so at night would be the best. I really liked your idea of having 6 files on hand and then deleting the old. What saved me during this last disaster was the ability to use restore in windows. I actually have a backup system in place but it failed. My network back up was full and the system administrator did not catch it (located off site). So, I am going to add my own backup to be safe.

I don't think I need the entire library copied every night - I agree that would be too much. I currently have about 1,000 books. But, the file is not really that big - around 850 MB

1. A complete back up (metadata, covers) once a week. I think the saved disk technique (similar to dwanthny) would be ideal but I don't believe that can automated. So, I will do that manually.

1. In a perfect world (sigh) a back up would occur of the NEW books I added that day (with covers) along with a daily metadata.

Would this work if I needed to restore the library? My goal would be to be able to restore everything completely (including covers and metadata).

Or if I just copy the metadata nightly, what happens if I copy over the metadata and one of the books is not in the library file?
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote