View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #59
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
"could not be downloaded": what are the symptoms? do you get an error message, or do you just get tired of waiting and cancel?

I used to have a problem sometimes with my K2 because the cellular provider only had EDGE coverage at my house, and even that would fluctuate in strength, dropping off entirely at times. The larger the item to download, the greater the chance that the download would fail at some point. But there was no way to cancel the download, and Kindle would keep trying. And while in this failure mode, nothing else could be sent or downloaded. I remember hopping in the car and driving to where there was 3G coverage so that the download could complete successfully and the download queue 'unblocked'.

Haven't had that problem with more recent 3G Kindles, and rarely find myself outside of 3G coverage, but I can imagine that in your case a connection problem might be involved (either with the provider or with Kindle hardware).
The message that I get is that I need Wifi in order to download the books. I can rule out a device malfunction: this is not specific to only one PW device, as I have had the pleasure to test a few, being caught in a replacement merrygoround. Again, some books I can download via 3G, while when trying others, I am being prompted to use Wifi.
Could it be that with the PW, they limit the book file size, while with the KK they don't?

Last edited by xendula; 11-13-2012 at 08:32 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote