Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #22
einknewbie
einknewbie began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t1, amazon kindle 3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
SOUNDS VERY GOOD

That means, recovery mode is working

I doubt that you have to restore all partitions. Most partitions are read-only and should not be broken.

But the main problem is: root file system, boot loader, kernel and initrd are not stored in a regular partitions but at raw offsets within the first 25MB of the internal flash partition.

If you destroy anything within these 25MB, you won't be able to boot into recovery mode via external sd card anymore. The device cannot be recovered. Game over.

So, please, before you start messing around with the internal flash memory, log into recovery console first and execute the commands in my last post. This will just print out the partition table.

I'd like to see if anything is damaged there before I give you more instructions...

Now, regarding the serial gadget driver... It is possible that Windows refuses to install it because it is not signed. I have no experience with Vista, but Win7 can be configured to not allow unsigned hardware drivers. You may have to change this.

If you have a linux machine, the driver is onboard allready.

You may install Linux into a Virtual Machine under Windows via Virtualbox and give the Virtual Machine access to the PRS T1 USB device.
Hi uboot,

My Sony T1 seems to be frozen or bricked forever.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2904517

Could you help me and give me some advice on it? Thanks.
einknewbie is offline   Reply With Quote