View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #34
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Ever since the beginning of the company, Apple has always provided huge discounts for schools because they wanted to get potential customers very early. I can see them doing the same thing for libraries.
I think that plan was a failure. I used an Apple II in school. I did look at getting an Apple. "How much? Does that come with a yacht?" I got a Commodore 64. Years later, even with the discount offered at the college bookstore, a Mac was much more expensive than a Windows machine.

Maybe the library got the iPads for $2.50. If so, they ought to say so. Anyone spending the public's money ought to be concerned to be frugal and to demonstrate that frugality to the public. Government, given its history, has not earned the benefit of any doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
You still see a lot of Apple products in education and such, but mostly PCs in the business world.
Another reason, I think, why Apple wasn't a dominate force in home computing. One could get a Windows machine for much cheaper and get what one would likely be using at work.

Last edited by Fluribus; 03-30-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote