View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Romennim
Romennim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Best device with Calibre collections

Hello all!

I've decided to buy a new ereader because my Cybook Orizon is awfully slow (more than 10 minute to boot up) when managing hundreds of files (I have 1500 epubs in my library). I've decided to abandon my folders and use Calibre's tags, instead.
I'm not sure which ereader fits my needs, but my best guesses are the Sony PRS T2 and the Kobo (either Touch or Glo).
Calibre Guide states that Sony ereaders are the best at managing collections, while Kobos sometimes have problems unless you have collections with only a few files in them: that wouldn't be good for me, since I have very large collections.
In the country I live PRS T2 and Glo have the same price, but the latter has also the the front-lit display.
Reading a few posts in this forum I have noticed that there are members who have Kobo and use Calibre for collections and have no problems, so I'm wondering: has anyone of you had problems while managing collections with their Kobo and Calibre? Is it slow if it has a lot of files? And if you have the Sony, why would you recommend it instead of the Kobo?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Romennim is offline   Reply With Quote