View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #13
purplepancake
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
How? If you did it from anywhere else than the device itself, eject & let your Kindle update its catalog before doing anything else.
Yes, it was ejected, then after a couple of minutes reconnected.

Quote:
Nope, an ASIN is not an ISBN. (And the Calibre UUID you deleted is fine if you use Calibre's Send To Device).
No, I know it isn't. ISBN are used with books and ASIN are, I believe, unique to Amazon and more commonly used on items other than books. So could there be a conflict or is it ok to have both?
And Yes I used send to device.

Quote:
(And which file did you edit? If you edited the file on your device, that explains everything: don't.)
No file was edited off the paperwhite at all times.

Quote:
Serial number? Huh?
Sorry should have made this clearer - the book in question is one of a series. I wanted a visual as to which order they are read in. So I edited the jpg to add a 'number' visually in the image so to speak. Edited pics before for this reason and never had a problem.

Quote:
If you only have KF8 capable devices, and don't care about portability, output to AZW3, you'll end up with smaller files.
Ok thanks for the tip

Quote:
Useless, just set it to a a string that you're pretty sure will never be used in a tag (personally, I'm using something in the vein of +PDOC, but that's because I actually rely on it sometimes, but that's another subject).
Ok - but other links on this site disagree here - but I'm happy to try it your way. Up to getting the paperwhite I've always left this alone and would use [PDOC]

Quote:
Yes, it actually sideloads the thumbnails. Hence my insistence on telling you to use Calibre's "Send To Device".
Ok - so I assume that calibre produces the thumbnail? If so where is it stored/filed on the paperwhite or is it embedded in the mobi. Are you in fact calling the cover a thumbnail or is this a secondary item?

As a matter of interest only, what is the difference between 'sending to' and dragging or pasting the mobi to the paperwhite, the end result is that it bypasses the Amazon servers but what else happens?

"Send to device" used since you first insisted.

Thanks again for your time.