View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tench View Post
Hmm. This is the same format (and DRM) that all the free UChicago books come in. This has been the case for months at least. Why does the same conversation about format/drm seem to happen every time?

Thanks Peter!
I was not aware about UChicago until this topic. I was offered a free ebook. I read this email at work. I decided to do what I usually do: download the ebook, copy it to my USB stick, have a look at it at home and probably move it to my archive if I decide it is worth keeping and reading in future. However, I could not do it anymore. DRM has interfered. It has disrupted MY routine. I have lost control of what I can&cannot do with a file. Thus the file went to the recycling bin.

Last edited by astra; 10-02-2010 at 12:23 PM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote