View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
(I don't want to get into a situation where I've accidentally downloaded an epub file that ADE has authorised to a new or stand alone account, the way that happens if you download through ADE on a computer that you haven't attached to your ADE account.)
The danger is that Sony will create a new AdobeID for you. I have seen reports of this happening to new users of a Sony Reader, but only if they did not already have Desktop Adobe Digital Editions on the same PC with an authorized AdobeID. What worked for me is to authorize Desktop ADE (I had done this long before I used Sony eBL), and then download and use Sony eBook Library. It then automatically picks up your existing AdobeID. You can confirm this by reading an existing DRMed ePub/PDF using eBL (if you have one downloaded by ADE from another ebook site).

The Sony ebook store is now one of my favorites. All its ebooks are in Adobe ePub and they have some ebooks not otherwise available in ePub. They also often have lower prices, although Agency Pricing may reduce this advantage. It is a pain to shop via eBL, but I like that the ebook downloads are automatic and very fast. Note that most of Sony's free and low priced ebooks (not the Google ones, obviously) are protected by DRM, so buy one of these first to check that all is well before spending a lot of money at the store.

Last edited by wallcraft; 04-09-2010 at 11:46 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote