View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
However I tried to play a bit around and I came to this conclusion: the extra lines are generated by Kindleunpack, not Kindlegen. If I send the Mobi file to KindleUnpack I get an HTML file which (when opened using Chrome, or even Calibre) shows already the extra lines between paragraphs - extra lines that were NOT there in the original Mobi.

Am I adding confusion?
Not confusion. Just a bit of wrongness. KindleUnpack is not generating any extra lines. Period. It doesn't really matter how a browser renders the resulting source, because browsers aren't used to create MOBI files; kindlegen is. The extra lines are added when the resulting source is used by kindlegen to create the KF8 portion of the hybrid MOBI/KF8 file. The MOBI-only portion of the file is, indeed, being created without "extra spacing" and looks just like the original. I've checked. Rebuild the source and use KindlePreviewer (in Kindle eInk->Kindle emulation mode) to see.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote