View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #549
petrovski
petrovski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@petrovski: Nope, that's only the first boot after a >= 5.3 update (ie. that's the bridge telling you it's doing its job).

As for the screensavers issue, I'm going to need more details than just "doesn't work" .
Ok, this is very strange. I've been trying to fix the screensaver hack for months now through a series of resets and re-installations (of the hack and the jailbreak) with no result — no error messages but also no custom screensavers.

All of the sudden, it works... When i restarted the Kindle, I got this message [Image deleted - MODERATOR] (S checking screensavers...) and to my surprise, I got the standard screensaver that comes with the screensaver hack. Even the cover mode works now.

BUT when I restarted the device again—this time with the USB cable plugged in during restart— it doesn't work again. Restart without cable, it works again!

Only thing i did different this time was that I installed usbnet, typed in ";un" in the search field. I then got lost in the instructions to use usbnet and decided to restart the device and forget about it. And that was when I finally saw the before mentioned boot-up screen.

Last edited by petrovski; 07-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.
petrovski is offline   Reply With Quote