View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
Hi Tactile,

I remember when I purchased my very first kindle, it took me about a week to get used to it. Then I fell in love with it and can hardly read a "real book" anymore. So you might want to give it some time. I don't have a Paperwhite, so I may be wrong but it seems that the screen gets whiter as you turn up the light. You might want to turn the light down a bit so that some of the natural grayness of the screen is more obvious. I don't know if that will help or simply make it unreadable.

k4k
It does get whiter (and brighter) when you increase the light output. If you want it to look less like an LCD and more like paper, it is indeed a good idea to just lower the light output, and use more ambient light.

In my room over here, a Kindle Paperwhite with it's light turned all the way down, compares with an old and somewhat yellowed/grayed mass market paperback that's printed on recycled paper. When increasing the light, it doesn't really look like as if the Kindle is illuminated; it looks as if the "page" is becoming of higher quality, and moving from a paperback toward a high quality bound book with very white paper.

In this room, the turning point is at setting 13. Then it matches a hardback with extremely smooth and bright paper. (That hardback is even shiny: if you directly point a light at it, you will be unable to read it.) This setting 13 is the highest that I can use in this room before the Kindle will start becoming brighter than the hardback and will start to look like an LCD.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-29-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote