View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldavis2 View Post
Call me a luddite, but I'm not into this "cloud" stuff. It gives someone else far too much control over my reading, and my data, not to mention that servers do fail
In this particular case, I think these concerns are less valid than in general. Amazon already has this data - the books that are available are those that you've bought from Amazon, not ones that you upload.

In addition, books can be downloaded to read offline, so if the servers go offline, you'll still be able to read your book. Admittedly, you won't be able to download a new one to read, though.

Personally, I like it and have installed it on my copy of Chromium. The thing I really like about it is that it runs on Linux

Russ
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote