View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I wasn't planning on adding more detail to the Zulu and Freda trials, mainly because both of them worked as well on the TP2 as they did on my HP PDA.

But since you asked...

I'll say that the cover displays in Zulu look great on the TP2 screen. Text is crisp and clear, with comfortable margins, easy finger-swipe to change pages, and the ability to switch from left- to full-justification, and change fonts and sizes is still there.

Freda is equally clear on-screen. Finger-swipes or arrows can be used to change pages, and although you can't change justification, you can change just about everything else. Freda seemed to confuse the covers on some of the books I had (Lost Horizon somehow acquired the cover to The Lost World), but I won't completely blame the app, since I was throwing a lot of files around trying to get apps working, and I probably confused the smartphone a bit on my own.

As far as performance, I have to rate both ePub apps equally... it's pretty much up to the user to choose which features and controls appeal to them personally.

Such a shame that you can't read DRM'd ePubs in there... but if you can get your e-book in a format that allows you to jailbreak it and convert it into ePub (not that I'm recommending anyone actually do that, mind you... ), you'll be happy reading it on either of these apps.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote