Thread: SD Memory Cards
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
-1 to advice on not carrying a lot of books... the main point is not to charge by USB if you want a lot of books on a card... Before modding my 505, I accepted that to have the 6K books on my card would give around a 3 hour rescan when disconnecting from USB so only used USB (or card reader with drag'n'drop) when adding books and did it last thing before sleeping (and connected to AC PSU) so would be ready to go next morning. I have 600 which I use for certain limited purposes and a 505 which goes everywhere with me...

For some reason there seem to be two types of users of eReaders who keep commenting on book quantities:
1. There's the "I only have books in internal memory/want afew on at a time and delete everything once read/never re-read." This group doesn't understand the second group and seems to find wanting a portable library to be unreasonable/unnatural and stupid. Usually hostile to second group.
2. People who expect to use capability of their eReader... it takes up to 16GB cards but it's not easy to use anywhere near their capacity. These are people who want to decide what they read when they are going to read rather than decide when loading books onto their eReader. They accept that others only want a few and it doesn't bother them but equally would like a simple return of respect for their requirements. Instead of accepting apparent limitations, these people look for solutions/workarounds...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote