View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Pierre-Olivier
Enthusiast
Pierre-Olivier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
It's all about the amount of eBooks, rather than the size. To find new books, and update the index, the Reader needs to find where the new files are, and then /open/ up the ePub to get at the metadata. This can be pretty slow depending on how they do it.

I've got a 16GB SDHC card that was originally in my 505 that is now in my 900 (and I do know it works with the 600 when I played with one of those for awhile). It mostly holds comics though. I use a smaller MSPD I've had lying around for my books.
Yes I understand, but I think that the reader do that each time he's disconnected from the computer. It'a a bit stupid. It should be done only if something has been change in the Library.

Instead of asking the Reader to build (sloooooooowly) its own index, why not having given this task to the main computer with the factory library Manager (or Calibre), since most of the user add their books using one of them ... Once books are stored in the Reader, building of the index by the computer and transfer to the Reader.
Pierre-Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote