View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Fictionwise multiformat titles I have bought

I really want to have a resource thread for this. I want to buy fewer big-house 'secure' e-books and more indie/drm-free ones, but there is such a dearth of info out there about so many of them. I hope I can share the ones I have bought and liked, and others can do the same, and maybe we can all build up our Fictionwise wish lists with some non-evil indie choices. Please list novels only, if you can...

So, I'll start!

Bought, read and didn't like:
- Rara Ibis by T.K. Sheils (funky formatting, too hard to slog through)
- Department of Spirit Research by James Patrick Cobb (Worst! Book! Ever!)

Bought, read and liked:
- The Five Children Omnibus by Edith Nesbit (present from my sister)
- Third World Products, Book 1 by Ed Howdershelt
- Murder Canyon by Joan Blacher (actually my sister's, read during week-long visit)
- A Really Bad Hair Day by Rob Preece
- Butterfly House by T.K. Sheils
- Modem Operandi by T.K. Sheils (same as Murder Canyon, read at sister's during holiday there)

Bought, am enjoying so far but have not yet finished:
- The Case of the Virtuous Vampire by Monette Michaels
- Rx for Murder by Renee Horowitz (really good, may buy other 2 during sale)

Bought, but haven't read yet:
- A Strange Valley by Darrell Bain
- Just Add Trouble by Jinx Schwartz
- Tornado Bait by Amy Eastlake
- Blind Faith by Colin Harvey
- Quilt as Desired, a Harriet Truman Mystery by Arlene Sachitano
- Murder in a Nice Neighbourhood by Lora Roberts
- Tree Huggers by Judy Nichols
- Tea and Witchery by Marie Dees
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote