View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by etitameh View Post
these 2 seem to be back up to regular pricing now ($6.99 and $9.99), sigh... how do you find the books being offered for $0.00 on amazon? is it just luck, just knowing what to check for, or is there a specific search to use?
Using the Whispernet function in your Kindle, view the Kindle Daily. Every one of the free books has been announced there. Or, follow one of the fora such as MobileRead where someone will post as soon as they discover a freebie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I just happened to be at Amazon looking for books and sorted the fiction section by price low to high when I found these and the last two offerings by Julia Spencer. According to this forum, it is common for Amazon to offer "free" books for a limited time about two weeks after TOR has put them up in their newsletter. I'll post again if I happen to notice any pattern, like frequency or day of the week that these appear on Amazon.
You can't rely on sorting by price to show you all books that are currently on sale for $0.00. Many times I have known about an Amazon special and "purchased" the free book, but found that the book still sorts at its normal non-discounted price.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote