View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Guess I won't be buying many Penguin ebooks. If I want to pay hardback prices I'll buy the hardback. Since I do not buy paper books anymore I won't be buying from Penguin.

IMO, an ebook is worth less than the paperback version. As much as 25% to 50% less because I'm not really buying the book but only leasing it. I can't resell an ebook or even give it away (legally). That makes an ebook have far less value for me. If the book is DRMed out the wazoo, then it's not all that portable either.
that's how i feel as well, although if we add drm into the equation i would say *less* than 50% of the price of a paperback. my principal reason for a price reduction is because of the reduced production costs inherent to the digital medium.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote