View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
18% with a dedicated ebook reader... hmm, seems a bit high. Except, when I look at my office of about 30 people, I know of 3 e-ink readers, possibly a fourth (someone who asked me about them; I don't know if she bought one) and I'm sure there's a few iPads. And I suspect the office isn't entirely registered voters. (Whodahell decided to start counting iPads in dedicated ebook reader lists?) Counting iPads almost certainly skews the results; CA has lots of iPads.
Agreed. I take public transport every day (in Berkeley) and at wildly different times each day. In the year since I bought my nook (and the whole E-ink thing went mainstream), I have seen exactly ONE other ereader in public. Of course, it's more than likely that people are reading on their smart phones instead of getting dedicated ereaders, but still ...

Maybe we're just too poor for ereaders and our nieghbors across the bay have most of those 18% .
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote