View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #12
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
studies like this remind me of an experiment I took part in as a freshman in college. The study was to examine the effects of alcohol on short term learning and retention. Well as it turned out I knew more about the experiment than the gradual student conducting the exam, but all I wanted was my $20 for taking part...oh and the free booze! hahaha.

Anyway the questions I was asked amounted to these core ideas: First was how much booze I consumed in a week, how many drinks did I have on the days I did drink and then she twisted that into I had at least one beer every day. WTF??? I drank on weekends only with the occasional beer with pizza in the middle of the week. Now when I cut loose on weekends I was legendary but come school time I was sober as a Muslim on a pilgrimage to Mecca.

But that was how screwed up her experiment was; I was really amazed the whole thing was even given approval because the questions were already flawed potentially wrecking her conclusions before she even started. Worse was, because I have the worlds best liver, I scored better on the tests after the booze than before...why? I memorized the solutions as we did the tests the first time. hahaha...that confused her as well. So never pass up a chance to screw with a survey or any sort of test like this.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote