Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #73
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
Will do, thanks. I was just taken aback because other ereaders I've had haven't ever dropped by that much in 2 days, even when I read for many hours a day at most the battery life only went down maybe 10% for two days worth of that kind of reading. So to see a 40% drop on two days of sleep mode was a shock.

even after calibrating the battery, it can be wildly inaccurate. for example, i had it fall fairly quickly for the first 65% (i don't remember exactly)....then it stayed on 35% for about 5 days while I was reading more than an hour a day....then went to 34% for 2 days (reading similar amounts), then jumped to 32% and went down at a fair pace until 3% when it demanded recharging.....I can't remember the details from 100%-35% and 32%-3%, but since it spent a week at those two percentages....fairly low in the battery cycle, just shows that until you get to the lower percentages (I think 15% or 10% and lower) where doing anything "battery draining" can cause it to immediately need recharging.....then you really can't tell how "bad" your battery is.....

so i would definitely calibrate it as Mrs_Often suggests, and even if you experience big drops, wait and see. If you still get results like Mrs_Often and others (100% to 0% in days), then that is a real problem.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote