Thread: PRS-500 PDB header format
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
I just ordered a Sony Reader and in preparation for it's arrival want to convert my unencrypted PDBs to TXT.
After a quick search I couldn't find anything that could do it in batch (I tried ABC Amber? but it crahed after a couple of files), so I'm trying to write a quick java app to do it for me.
So far I've been able to decode the text OK but I still have a couple of hundred garbage bytes in the header. I want to disguard this information but as it's not a constant length it's hard to do.
Does anyone know the header format for these files?
Thanks very much for your help and if anyone is interested in the app and doesn't care about a paragraph of rubbish at the start I can make it available.

avian
If you are looking to move the PDB files over to the Sony Reader, then you can use Book Designer to load and convert to proper LRF with ToC.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote